We're keeping busy. Things we did today:
- Complete clean-up of Alan and David's room - not a speck of dust (or toy) on the floor
- Got the Lego box from the attic
- Got puzzles from Leah from the attic
- Did puzzles with Jacob and Leah for a while
- Had a giant lunch with three helpings for every child
- Swung in the hammock with all kids
- Jumped on the trampoline
- Exclaimed at the witches' ring in the backyard
- Fell helplessly in love with felt food
- Wrote another blog post (heh!)
Things that are on my to-do list now:
- Car caddy for Jacob's birthday in October
- Felt food for Leah for Christmas (like this and I totally need to have this party for her at some point in the next five years or so)
- Also a fabric doll house. I mean, how could I not?
- And also, this jumper
What do I do about the witches' ring? That's what we call these:
Cool, eh? I suppose they will go away once I run over them with the lawn mower which is on the to-do list for tomorrow. I'm a bit freaked because Leah showed great interest and Leah eats everything and I'm pretty sure these are not for consumption. Too bad, really, since mushrooms of all kinds are about the only things that still grow well in my yard. Wet summer, thousands of slugs, some kind of tomato rot and grape rot (due to the wet weather). Not my most successful gardening year.
Btw, the original picture had the rose climbing thingie in it. I erased it with Photoshop CS5 in about two seconds with the new content-aware feature. This seriously rocks:
I didn't bother brushing it up, just wanted to see what it could do. I'm very impressed.