So, we are still alive. That's nice. We went through food poisoning, and when we got all better, I came down with the flu and then David got sick... My Mom had to take over my house for four days before I could stagger around and pretend to be useful.
This is an awful video of Milva singing "Hurra, wir leben noch" which means "Hurray, we're still alive" - that is basically us the past 10 days. Not to be negative, eh?
A few positive happenings:
- Jacob had 100% in both his first spelling and his first math test. Go, Jacob.
- We had the first snow. No, really. Yes, it's still October. The first snow was three days ago. Very freaky. Not as freaky as a giant storm system ripping your city apart, though.
- I had two lovely photo shoots.
- I cleaned out the closets. That's not exciting but it's definitely positive.
- From the last of the apples, we are making apple wine. That's definitely exciting and positive.
Um. Okay. I'm sure there was more.
On the other hand, we discovered that Leah has a hearing problem. That's potentially devastating but we don't know anything yet - the appointment with the specialist is next week. She can hear - but if there's ambient noise, or if one talks quietly, she has real trouble hearing. Also, she can't locate sounds - we tried that. It's a recent development and I hope a passing one - she does have a bad cold, maybe that's connected. However, we had her checked for wax (no) or fluids (no), so now we have to pull out the big guns. Keep your fingers crossed!
The boys have a week of vacation. Right before that, Alan's school had a big open house after months and months of renovations. It's my old school and I have to say, they did a great job. The old dark bunker is now open, light, and friendly. I met a few old teachers and got confused whether some of the new teachers weren't in fact seniors - boy, when did that happen that the teachers got so young?
Anyway, some quick and inaccurate impressions from the past 10 days:
We hope to resume our normal schedule shortly. No promises, though, eh?